Cockermouth Travel is one of the largest independent travel agents in the UK – with our team having collectively over 230 years of experience in the travel industry.
Since opening in 1980 we have built up a reputation for dependable service, professional advice and individual care, all backed up by the financial security of ABTA membership.
Our highly trained team have the ability and skill to handle all aspects of travel, from a rail ticket, world cruise or the most complex round the world itinerary – we will match your individual tastes, style and budget to secure the perfect travel experience.
Without us you are on your own!
24 Hour Service
We will never profess to be as cheap as the internet all the time…but we are on call 24/7 so in times of crisis – like the collapse of the Excell Leisure Group and the recent ash cloud problems we were just a phone call away.
For example when the first ash cloud problem arose, our team were already at their desks at 0730hrs Sunday morning implementing our (by now well used) disaster recovery plan, so when the first calls came in, we were on hand to arrange alternative flights and to reassure customers, offering vital support to people stranded all over the world! This resulted in lots of very relieved customers and a proposal of marriage from one lady stranded in Las Vegas! who was so pleased to receive our call to explain what was happening and what we could do to help.
- We are one of the largest independent travel agencies in the UK
- We opened June 14th 1980
- Our staff have collectively over 230 years travel agency experience. (The average multiple agency has between 40 and 50 years)
- We have been members of ABTA for 30 years
- For 7 consecutive years we were nominated as the Best Small Independent Agency United Kingdom and Best Independent Agency North of England at the Travel Agents Achievements Awards
- We are on call 24/7 365 days a year
- We have many areas of expertise including Long Haul tailor made holidays, Cruising, Australia, New Zealand, Railways Worldwide and much more – just ask