It’s tempting to say that this little hideaway is all about the views, and they are indeed breathtaking. You can’t help but feel deeply privileged looking out over the endless blue of the bay, the rugged hills of the peninsula and the Greek island of Symi in the far distance, but there’s more to this very charming villa than just a spectacular panorama.
Nestled into the hillside and surrounded by ancient olive trees, the villa sits unobtrusively in its own natural gardens. There are hints of the sort of dwelling that might have originally stood here, in the form of exposed stone walls and chunky wooden beams and doors, but Zeytin Evi is every inch the modern couple’s retreat: light-filled, contemporary and romantically private.
You can see the sea from virtually every corner of the house and grounds, whether you’re reading in the seating area beyond the glorious pool or stretched out in the sunshine on a sunbed. And because we know that modern honeymoons sometimes mean that the children come too, there are two lovely bedrooms to accommodate the whole family if required.
Dusk at Zeytin Evi is a particularly magical time of day, as the setting sun burnishes everything with nature’s own rosy glow and the first stars begin to sparkle in the sky above Söğüt.
If you're too busy soaking up the atmosphere to cook, there's an evening meal service, delivering delicious locally cooked food directly to your door; but if you feel like dinner out in this very pretty village, it's just a five-minute drive or taxi ride down to the beach and waterfront restaurants which are such a feature here. The entire Bozburun Peninsula is a protected natural environment, criss-crossed by walking paths and littered with ancient remains.
The coast offers equally wonderful opportunities to explore, whether you want to charter your own craft or enjoy a relaxed gulet cruise around one of the most beautiful bays in Turkey.
- 2 bedroom singe storey villa (sleeps 2-4)
- 5 steps down to villa
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with Satellite TV (limited English channels), CD/DVD player and iPod docking station; leads to terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (200cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90m x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room; leads to terrace
- Bathroom with washing machine
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 7.9m x 4.9m (depth 1.6m throughout) with ladder
- Baby pool section 2.3m x 2.2m (depth 0.66m throughout)
- Villa not suitable for children under the age of 8 due to drops (can allow babies before crawling)
- Steep and unpaved road last 100 metres to villa
- Evening meal service available on request
- Local taxi service
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. * We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Restaurants in nearby village of Sögüt 5min drive
- Bozburun 15min drive
- Marmaris 1hr drive
- Dalaman airport 2hr 30min drive