One-bedroom properties with a private swimming pool are a rarity. Set just above the small coastal road between Gaios and Mongonissi, this stone-built house, with the doors of the living room and bedroom opening out onto the terrace and infinity pool, has everything one could wish for. The view is superb: the monastery of Panagia island, the cliffs of southern Corfu and the mountains of the mainland and between them a vista of sea, which changes with the day. Inside is full of light, and the comfortable, pale furnishings highlight a few of the artist owner's bright paintings.
The shops and restaurants of Gaios and the taverna and sandy beach at Mongonissi are both within walking distance.
Whilst maintaining its own independence and privacy, The Artist's House can be rented along with The Stone House and Villa Flora to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
The Artist's House
- 1-bedroom house (sleeps 2)
- Due to the number of steps, The Artist’s House is unsuitable for guests with reduced mobility
- Sitting room with TV (DVD use only), DVD/CD players
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (150cm x 190cm bed)
- Shower room
- Small kitchen/dining area with full cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private infinity swimming pool 4.5m x 10.5m (depth 0.9m – 2m)
- The Artist's House does not offer WiFi due to the inability to install a telephone line at this property
- Shared driveway to this villa is on a steep incline
- Use of Paxos Beach Hotel (facilities payable locally)
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Paxos Beach Hotel 5min walk
- Beach 5min walk
- Tavernas and shops (Gaios) 5min drive/25min walk