With its emerald sea, moon-white beaches and enchanting harbour villages, there’s nowhere quite like Paxos to soothe your mind and open your eyes to the natural beauty of the world. Life here is disarmingly simple, and all that’s really needed to appreciate it is your own comfortable spot and a glorious view, both of which charming Bay View delivers from its gentle hillside position above Gaios.
Set in one and a half acres and spread out over three individual buildings, we are delighted to introduce our latest Simpson Hotel on the island. Bay View’s six suites are light, bright and welcoming and the simple style allows the views to take centre stage, using occasional flashes of colour to create a restful atmosphere. Each suite has its own large balcony or terrace with fine views of Gaios and the Ionian Sea. You’ll find everything you need to hand, including a kitchenette and a small fridge so you can have your morning tea or evening G&T just the way you like them.
The hotel is the domain of Villy, a long-term Paxos resident with a passion for her island and very happy to share her local knowledge. It’s blissfully easy to lapse into the laid-back rhythm of island life; linger over breakfast served on the beautiful dining terrace, then laze by the new pool or spend the day discovering Paxos’ tiny hidden coves and perfect picnic spots in a small hired motor boat. Then, as the sun dips low over the horizon, it’s just a five-minute walk into Gaios for drinks and dinner. Slow and sleepy in May and October, Gaios opens its arms to visiting yachting flotilla in the main summer months, creating a livelier atmosphere.
However, if you prefer a more intimate setting, simply pour yourself a drink and retreat to your terrace to enjoy the herby fragrance of a Mediterranean evening beneath a canopy of southern stars.
- 6-suite hotel (each suite sleeps 2)
- 70 steps throughout the property between entrance, breakfast area and pool
- Due to the number of steps, Bay View is unsuitable for guests with reduced mobility
General accommodation details
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioned
- Safe and TV (English-speaking news channel)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Complimentary Korres bathroom products
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Adults only (18 years or older)
- Shared swimming pool 3.5m x 8m (depth 1.1m – 1.6m)
- Daily breakfast on dining terrace
- Tea and coffee available
- Honesty bar with water, wine and beer
- Local concierge service available in the mornings and one hour in the evenings
- Maid service 3 times/week with linen change or light clean on other days
- Laundry service available on request (payable locally)
- Uneven footpath leads down from the pool area into Gaios
- Private parking for several rental cars
- Small outboard motor boats can be hired from Gaios
- Shopping can be bought in Gaios and delivered
- Takeaways can be ordered and delivered
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Shared transfers to and from Gaios port
- Gaios (tavernas, bars, mini-markets) 5min downhill walk
- Nearest pebble beach along Gaios harbourfront 15min walk